Delicious food and baked goods that are healthy for you. Amazing right!
You may not think to use Rapeseed Oil in cakes and baking but it does work and produces a light, moist sponge! This recipe is super easy!
- 220g Self Raising Flour
- 160ml Antrobus Farms Rapeseed Oil
- 2tsps baking powder
- 220g Caster Sugar
- 4 med/large free range eggs
- 2-3 drops almond or vanilla essence
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Fresh British in season Fruit or Jam if autumn winter
- Preheat your oven to 170c or gas mark 3
- Put all ingredients into a food mixer or bowl and mix together until combined
- Grease two sandwich tins with some Rapeseed Oil and split the mixture evenly
- Bake for 30 mins or until golden brown. Use a skewer or knife to test if cooked, place into the middle of the sponge carefully and if the skewer/knife is clean you are cooked!
- Remove from tins and leave to cool on rack.
Whip some cream and place fresh fruit or Jam to accompany the cream.
Enjoy with a lovely cup of tea!