What is a roasty dinner without golden crispy roast potatoes!
Rapeseed oil isn’t as thick as other oils, so your roast potatoes go crispy every time!
- 1kg Floury potatoes such as Maris Piper, King Edward
- 5tbsp Antrobus Farms Rapeseed Oil
- Good quality sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Perfect as above or, jazz it up a little with some Garlic cloves whole and rosemary sprigs to add an aroma!
- Whack the oven up to 220c
- Peel potatoes and cut into your perfect roasty size, I like to do some large and some smaller for variety
- Place in a pan and parboil to slightly soften. When nearly ready, place the oil in the roasting tray into the hot oven.
- Drain the water from the pan and giggle pan with potatoes still in from side to side, just to slightly tenderise them (this way the oil can seep in and make a great crispy texture)
- Bring the hot roasting tray out of the oven and add the fluffy potatoes, toss in oil add salt and pepper and pop straight back into the oven (tip potatoes away from you so not to splash hot fat your way)
- Leave to roast for 30-40 minutes depending on your preference of crispy!
Perfect with Antrobus Farms British White beef roasting joint!